Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Blog Post #2 (Week 2)

 



                While doing some research, I found that watching other films is a great source of inspiration. Directors like Scorsese and Tarantino say that watching other films is the best way to get inspiration. Therefore, I was thinking of rewatching some of my favorite film openings of all time. Rather than analyzing the films' styles, I wanted to see the different ways film openings can be done. This not only includes different camera techniques and editing choices but also whether the opening directly begins the plot or is a separate vignette. 

           Some films that I'll be rewatching this weekend that have openings that I find great are Persona, A Clockwork Orange, and Paris Texas. These films are very different, but all have great openings. Hopefully, I can find not only inspiration but a greater understanding of what makes a good film opening. In addition, I told my partner to watch some of her favorite film openings so that we both learn and are on the same page when we are filming. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

                                                      CCR LINK https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GqYsdhgvo4gwlNWkcYoVhgVVTYy3ac3K/view?usp=sh...